Posted Mar 28, 2017
On May 13th, 2017, Blackjacks Roadhouse and Games Room is proud to host the inaugural Ride for Mom. Whether you are a rider, volunteer, or just a spectator, we welcome all of you to come join us the day before Mother’s Day to help raise awareness of domestic Violence.
This is something that affects people in all walks of life, and we wish to put an end to it. With your support, we feel we can achieve that goal. We look forward to having you join us this year, and for many years to come.
When: Saturday, May 13th, 2017
Kickstands Up: 10:30AM
Contact: Krysta Shields 780-701-7295
Where: BlackjacksRoadhouse 2110 Sparrow Drive Nisku, Alberta
What is the Ride for Mom?
The Ride for Mom is a motorcycle event to raise awareness for domestic violence through a one day motorcycle ride.
Our goal is to assist the Edmonton Domestic Violence Shelters Engage (EDVSE) to end domestic violence. Over 10,000 women, their children, and seniors were assisted by EDVSE member shelters in 2015 and 2016. Too often, those faced with situations of abuse feel they have no voice. The Ride for Mom is the voice to help victims regain control of their lives and to live in a world free of domestic violence.
Why should you get involved?
– In 2015 and 2016 over 16,000 women and children were turned away from member shelters due to a lack of capacity.
– Over 52,000 crisis calls were received within that past two years.
What makes the Ride for Mom unique?
This ride is the first motorcycle event in support of the EDVSE. We have created this event with the vision of having rides coast to coast to raise funds to stop domestic violence across Canada.
Why should your organization become a sponsor?
– Ally your organization with the first ever ride set up to raise funds in support of the EDVSE
– Domestic Violence affects everyone, whether they are aware of its impact or not. Someone you know or work with may benefit from the support you give.
– As a sponsor, your organization will receive advertising throughout the year, and help raise awareness of domestic violence and be part of the change to eradicate it.
When you become a sponsor for the Ride for Mom, you are joining in the fight to raise awareness of domestic violence. You will become one of the voices helping to put an end to domestic violence.
We recognize our sponsors in many ways
– Your logo on our promotional materials and website.
– On-site booth and banner during ride day.
– Media acknowledgement of your support.
– A great chance to meet with riders and help consolidate the message of support to end domestic violence.