Christmas is just around the corner and for many of us this is an exciting time of year; a time when we can enjoy the company of our families and friends. For some though, Christmas can be a time of worry. Your commitment to sponsor a family will provide a family with something special under the tree on Christmas morning.
The Christmas Hamper Program is a collaboration of WIN House and participating shelters. These shelters offer Outreach support, a key component of providing a continuum of care to our clients after they leave the shelter. Our Outreach workers act as a human bridge to the community and connect families to resources and agencies that help with their transition to a new life.
Will you sponsor a family this year?
A few points:
- Sponsorships are a first come, first serve basis, so get your forms in quickly (and of course based on your preference)
- Client anonymity is critical – you won’t receive last names or addresses
- Remember to keep receipts if you require a tax receipt (will be mailed out by end of January). If you require multiple tax receipts, we have created a form to make it easier and ask that you request one if needed.
- Sponsor drop offs this year are: December 10th & 11th @ the Knights of Columbus Hall (Info will be sent closer to the date)
- If you are interested in delivering Christmas Hampers on Thursday, December 19th please let me know and I can add you to the list
You can act by sponsoring a family this Christmas.
If you have any questions about the program do not hesitate to contact Mary Anne Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.