We are a woman’s first point of contact.
We are the people that answer their call when they need help, we are the people that answer the doors with a friendly smile, and often, we are the ones with whom women share stories they haven’t told their closest friend.
We exist to further non-violent relationships and environments for women with or without children. Our vision is a world where women and children are safe and free from abuse in their environments and relationships.
Being part of WIN House means something. WIN House is about compassion, respect, and empowerment. We’re here when clients need us most. Join us and act.
Position Vacancy: Fund Development Specialist
WIN House is currently searching for a full-time Fund Development Specialist to complete a temporary one-year contract. The successful candidate will work closely alongside a talented Fund Development Team to plan, organize and execute all of WIN House fundraising including major gifts program, planned giving, third-party fundraising, grant application research and preparation, and donor stewardship.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the development of WIN House’s annual fundraising and communication plan
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to build and maintain positive relationships
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors
- Management of the DMS system (Currently using CanadaHelps)
- Work with the Director of Development to create a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies
- Help design an annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives
- Support and provide input on capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives
- Other related duties as needed
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of five years of experience in professional fundraising
- Must embrace the mission and vision of WIN House
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising
- Be a self-starter and goal-driven to initiate donor visits, build external relationships and fundraising calls
- Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals
- Have strong interpersonal, and relationship building skills, display a positive, can-do attitude, and show concern for people and community
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with a minimum of 2-3 years writing grant proposals, reporting, (other)
The successful candidate will be required to submit a Criminal Record Check, a valid driver’s licence, and a current Child Welfare check. Please submit applications to Denise Wladyka, Director of Human Resources at HR@winhouse.org. This competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
Position Vacancy: Human Resources & Payroll Administrator
WIN House provides individuals and their children fleeing violence crisis response and intervention, safe temporary accommodation, and support for basic needs. Those seeking our services are offered trauma-informed, client-centered programming and support, access to resources, information, and referrals to community supports.
Our organization is currently in search of a Human Resources and Payroll Administrator. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive support for the day-to-day operations of Human Resources and ensure timely payroll and benefits administration. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare, review, and edit a wide variety of correspondence, reports, and communications that at times are complex and/or confidential
- Collaborate with hiring managers to conduct and support full-cycle recruitment
- Facilitate and document productive, positive, and efficient onboarding and orientation processes, procedures, and experience
- Assists with administration of WCB, disability management and performance reviews
- Supports Health and Safety, wellness, and recognition initiatives
- Conducts exit interviews
- Administers and processes payroll, extended health benefits and pension plan
- Participates in year end payroll activities as required and works collaboratively with the Director of Finance on related duties
- Manages information in payroll and HR information systems, including databases, electronic and paper files
- Develops, updates and documents payroll operating procedures and practices
- Supports and provides training on timekeeping processes and procedures
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have completed post-secondary education in payroll and Human Resources and have a minimum of three years experience with related duties. Knowledge of related legislation, and an expert level of MS Office are also required. Experience in a unionized environment and with ADP would be beneficial.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities. In addition, the successful candidate will be proactive, organized, flexible, maintain a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality, and professionalism.
This is a full-time position that offers the right candidate the opportunity to work with an amazing and energetic team who are passionate about supporting folks in our community. WIN House offers a competitive salary, comprehensive extended health benefits, and participation in a pension plan.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a Criminal Record Check including a vulnerable sector check, a current Child Welfare check, provide evidence of being fully immunized against COVID-19, and must be willing to sign an Oath of Confidentiality. Please submit applications including salary expectations to HR@winhouse.org. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Position Vacancy: Data Analyst
Under the direction of the Director of Shelter Operations, the Data Analyst analyzes data requirements within an organization, designs, tests, and implements data collection systems, builds reports to meet organizational needs and ensures staff are trained in data entry. The Data Analyst also ensures data collection systems are compliant with requirements articulated in PIPA, FOIP, and HIA.
- Data collection, entry, maintenance, and reporting in WIN House databases and file management systems
- Responsible for data accuracy, regular audits of data, and for reporting issues regarding data collection and validity to appropriate channels
- Assists the Shelter Director with the development and maintenance of procedures, forms, manuals, and records related to Outcome Tracker and Client Data
- Works with the executive leadership team to extract and manipulate data to generate useful business information
- Participates in ACWS Frontline Data Committee and Evaluation Committee of Practice
- Works with users to assess and enhance system performance
- Responsible for development and management of reports, and for providing recommendations on improvements to data management and use
- Provides training and ongoing support to staff; develops and maintains user training manuals
- Responsible for the collection, storage and scheduled destruction of client and donor files
- A minimum of two years of education in computer science, information science, or database management and two years of related experience in data collection, analysis, and database management are required, equivalencies may be considered
- Must embrace the mission and vision of WIN House
- Demonstrated excellence providing service to others, interpersonal skills, and written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments and projects, to improve processes and procedures, and to meet established deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate skill as a self-starter, problem-solver, and team player
- Working knowledge of legislation related to records management and privacy
- Previous experience developing and documenting procedures, processes and/or policies.
Hours of work for this position are Monday through Thursday from 8:30am to 4:30pm and from 8:30am to 2:30pm on Fridays. This position is classified with a pay range of $26.94 to $34.58 hourly and falls under the Collective Agreement between WIN House and CUPE Local 3341. WIN House offers extended health benefits, an employee pension, and an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the clients we serve.
Applications can be directed to Denise Wladyka at HR@winhouse.org. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Position Vacancy: Director of Finance
WIN House is currently seeking a Director of Finance to manage the financial operations of this rewarding not for profit organization. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance plays a critical role in partnering with the leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as WIN House continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Prepare, analyze, and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Oversee contract and financial management/reporting system
- Ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Manage short-term and long-term investment portfolios. This includes overseeing investments made by a third party
- Prepare bank deposits and oversee all banking activities
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Executive Director and the Finance Committee
- Provides information and support to negotiating committee as needed
- Provides back-up and support to the Leadership Team as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- CPA designation in good standing
- Minimum five years of post-designation full-cycle accounting
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the not-for profit sector
- Prior experience working with Sage 300 Cloud
- A successful track record in setting priorities, keen analytic, organization and problem-solving abilities supporting sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Technology savvy, experience overseeing and selecting accounting software
- Shares organizational values and supports organizational mission
A collaborative, supportive and positive environment awaits the successful candidate along with a generous base salary, benefits, and pension plan.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
WIN House is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage First Nations, Métis, and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the organization to apply.
Suitable applicants will be contacted directly. No telephone inquiries please.