We are a woman’s first point of contact.
We are the people that answer their call when they need help, we are the people that answer the doors with a friendly smile, and often, we are the ones with whom women share stories they haven’t told their closest friend.
We exist to further non-violent relationships and environments for women with or without children. Our vision is a world where women and children are safe and free from abuse in their environments and relationships.
Being part of WIN House means something. WIN House is about compassion, respect, and empowerment. We’re here when clients need us most. Join us and act.
Seeking Dynamic Members to join the Board of Directors at WIN House
WIN House (formally Edmonton Women’s Shelter) is a not for profit organization that delivers safe accommodations and services for women who are experiencing violence since 1968. Win House operates two emergency shelters and one second stage shelter. Last year WIN House provided 6804 nights of safety for women and children. The organization employs more than 70 staff. WIN House is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive Board of Directors, volunteers and workforce.
We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage First Nations, Métis, and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the organization to apply.
About the Opportunity:
- Our Board of Directors represent diverse professional experiences and personal backgrounds passionate about community service.
- Our Board of Directors are committed to making a difference in the lives of women and children who have experienced intimate partner violence.
- Our Board of Directors provide fiduciary oversight and strategic planning for the operations of WIN House.
· Over the age of 18.
· Will meet the requirements of a Security Clearance Check.
· Able to commit 5-10 hours a month to board and committee meetings.
· Act as an ambassador for WIN House at community events.
· Engage in Board development activities.
· Professional experience in one of the following sectors (current or retired) is considered an asset: accounting/ business, community development, education, healthcare, human resources, and/or legal.
· Awareness of strategic planning, government funding, intimate partner violence would be an asset.
· Previous board experience would be an asset (advisory, governance, operational, and/or stakeholder boards).
How to Apply:
All interested parties will provide a cover letter expressing your reason for interest and a current resume or CV addressing the criteria above to Ms. Leslie Allen (Executive Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
Those individuals who meet the eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview by the nomination committee.