Posted Mar 16, 2020
WIN House and COVID-19.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has now declared COVID-19 as a global pandemic. As such, WIN House is taking the necessary steps to do our part in helping combat the spread of this disease and has put into place the following protocols for the community:
Please be advised that effective immediately:
• WIN House will not accept donations of in-kind items at our business office.
• The WIN House business office will not be open and will not allow visitor access until further notice.
In addition, WIN House has taken the following steps internally to ensure our clients and staff are aware of and prepared for combating the virus internally in our shelters and business office.
• We are keeping current of new information and protocols set forth by the Government of Alberta.
• Sharing with and updating our staff and clients all COVID-19 information as we learn it.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices throughout the shelters and business office.
• Continuing to work with our partner agencies, the Government of Alberta, and all recognized health authorities to monitor and assist in the prevention and containment of COVID-19.
For more information and updates on the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Government of Alberta’s “COVID-19 Coronavirus Info for Albertans” website here: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx